The scheme has been launched by the ministry of electronics and information technology and Support for international patent protection in electronics and information technology is also known as SIP-EIT in the short form.
The scheme aims to provide financial support to MSMEs and Technology Startup units for international patent filing to encourage innovation and recognize the value and capabilities of global IP along with capturing growth opportunities in the ICTE sector.
In addition, to sensitize and create IP awareness and to promulgate the scheme among stakeholders, a scheme to support IPR awareness is also proposed as the second component of the scheme.
- A registered under the MSME Development Act 2006
- A registered company under the Companies Act
- A registered STP Unit
- A technology incubation enterprise
The documents are required to be submitted by the applicant while applying for financial support:
- Application Form
- Proof of registration under MSME act 2006 or the proof of registration under companies act
- last audited balance sheet of the applicant or a certification from the incubation Centre/ park/STPI along with last audited balance sheet of the applicant
- Reimbursement Details
- Patentability Search Report
- Product brochure
- Copy of official filing with Indian Patent Office of waiver under Section 39
- Latest Annual Report of the Company
Procedure to Apply Online
The procedure to apply online under the scheme is as described in the following steps:
Step I) Firstly you need to check the brochure thoroughly and ensure that you fall under the eligibility criteria.
Step II) Then, create a Login ID, that would be used in further communications.
Step III) After creating your user account, you can Login and Apply Online for the Scheme. While applying online, kindly ensure that you have read the Guidelines thoroughly and
Step IV) You must check the List of documents to be uploaded with the online application form.