The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched a scheme to Support IPR Awareness Workshops/Seminars for sensitizing and spreading awareness about Intellectual Property Rights among various stakeholders, especially in the electronics & Information Technology sector.
Criteria for grant-in-Aid
The Grant-in-Aid will be provided to the organizations as specified below, for organizing IPR workshops/seminars. The funding will be as per the following criteria:
- In the category of Institution/Organization educational institutes can get Maximum financial support of Rs. 2.0 Lakhs.
- In the category of Institution/Organization Industry bodies like MAIT, ELCINA, CII, NASSCOM, FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry), IESA, ASSOCHAM, etc. can get Maximum financial support of Rs. 3.0 Lakhs.
- In the category of Institution/Organization MeitY Societies or MeitY Autonomous Bodies can get Maximum financial support of Rs. 5.0 Lakhs.
Procedure To Apply Online
To apply, under the scheme you can apply online. The process for the application is described as follows in these steps:
- Step I) First you need to do that kindly read the brochure carefully before proceeding further.
- Step II) then, create a Login ID with your current email or phone number, which would be used in further communications.
- Step III) After you have created your user account, you can Login and Apply Online for the Scheme. Before proceeding to apply, kindly make sure that you have read the Guidelines along with the Terms & Conditions thoroughly and checked the List of attached accurate and correct documents that should be uploaded while filling up the online application.
List Of Important Documents to Be Uploaded
- Terms & Conditions with Undertaking (Scanned copy in pdf format) appropriately signed and sealed on every page by the Head of the Institution.
- Scanned copy of Undertaking suitably signed and sealed in pdf format.
- Detailed program in pdf format.
- The Details for the Transfer of e-Payments are to be duly filled up as per the format. (Scanned copy in pdf format)
Important Instructions to follow before applying
- To know about your application, has it been approved for grants? An email would be sent by the programme division showing the status of your application.
- The application for a grant in aid should be submitted to Meity at least 45 days (about 1 and a half months) in advance, failing to do so the proposals received will not be considered.
- In case of postponement of the event, the organization should take approval from MeitY at least 15 days (about 2 weeks) in advance stating the reason expressly.
- There are two prerequisites for filling up the form for IP Awareness:
A) Registration at CPSMS (Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System):
- It is compulsory to be registered at Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System (CPSMS) portal, to apply for support for IP Awareness Workshops/Seminars. Make sure to get registered at the Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System portal (CPSMS).
- You should remember that while registering for CPSMS, fill up Technology Development Council in the column ‘Name of the Scheme’.
- For any assistance in filling out CPSMS forms, you can contact Toll-Free No. 1800 118 111
- You must remember the Unique Agency Code while registering at CPSMS as it is necessary while filling up the application form for IPR Awareness Workshop/Seminar Support.
- Your application form for grant-in-aid will only be accepted if you have registered at CPSMS.
B) Utilization Certificate (UC): The following points are important concerning UC:
- In case your institution has earlier taken grant-in-aid from Meity for any other project and has not submitted its Utilization Certificate, the same may be immediately furnished to the designated programme head before making any further request for grant-in-aid.
- UC should be signed by the Head of the Organization.