Initiative for the development of entrepreneurs in agriculture (IDEA) is a scheme of NEDFL initiated by the ministry of development of the northeastern region. This scheme promotes the agri-business sector in the northeast region and assists in establishing agri-business as profitable. It also provides employment opportunities. It makes available supplementary sources of input supply and services.
- Any Graduates and Postgraduates in agriculture and allied subjects
- Any Graduates, Postgraduates from other disciplines having experience and skill to undertake Agri-Business ventures can also be considered.
- The proposed units could be proprietorships, partnerships, or a company.
- Any promoter or their units must not be a defaulter in any government scheme and /or with any bank or any other agencies.
- The proposed unit for which financial assistance is sought should be situated within any of the eight North-Eastern States.
Extension of aid
- Composite loan comprising Term Loan and Working Capital.
- Financial assistance will be extended on a needy basis, depending upon the nature of the projects and the competence of the promoters.
- The Maximum project size can upto Rs.25 lakhs.
- A Term Loan from NEDFi is a Maximum upto 75% of the project cost.
- The promoter’s contribution will be at least 25% of the project cost.